Time for a little (literally) keyboard update!

So I decided to change things up. My Pok3r has a black aluminium case which is great, but it doesn’t look great with light coloured key caps. Here it is as the moment:

IMG_4142

The first thing we have to do is remove the key caps on there. Here we have the tool to remove the key caps!

IMG_4143

Then you have to wack it on the key…..

IMG_4144

….and pull gently

IMG_4145

Repeat 61 times.

IMG_4147

I gave it a bit of a clean, and then unscrewed the 6 screws. Here it is with the old case and the new case!

IMG_4149

Simply put it in the new case and align the screw holes. Then wack some screws into it!

IMG_4150

So, I have a bad habit of hoarding key cap sets. I originally ordered this in January 2016 and it’s the first time I’ve opened it up!

Fun fact! I know all the keys on an ISO UK keyboard!

IMG_4155

After putting the set, I noticed the left shift is the wrong colour 😦

IMG_4154

Hey ho! Now for the final piece

IMG_4156

And here it is!

IMG_4157

Just need a nice cable to go with it…

IMG_4158

C’est voila!